- Find a winter coat, hat, scarf, and gloves.
To help stay warm during winter weather, be sure to find these four key items! If needed, the Triton Closet has a variety of sizes and styles of coats, hats, mittens, and scarves for students. The Triton Closet is open Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Triton Closet is also accepting donations as well!
2. Dress in layers.
3. Carry extra clothing items with you/in your car.
4. Have a shovel and/or ice melt in your trunk to help get your car out after a snowstorm.
5. Invest in an Ice Scraper to have clean windows so you can drive safely.
6. Keep your gas tank at ½ full or above, just in case you end up stranded to help keep your car running and heat working.
7. Snow boots will provide warmth and more traction if sidewalks are icy.
8. If there are frigid temperatures, stay inside.