Winter Weather Advisory; Snow expected for Fort Dodge Iowa — by Anthony Vazquez

The National Weather Service issued a 6 am to 6 pm winter weather alert on Tuesday, Nov. 29.

Notice, all counties of Humboldt, Webster, Kossuth, Alto, Hancock, Pocahontas, Wright, and Hamilton. Snow and ice are expected on Tuesday.

According to the NWS, the winter storm will bring a mix of snow and light freezing precipitation accompanied by stronger northwest winds in the morning and evening hours. Snowstorms and dangerous movements are expected. Especially north and northwest of Iowa.

Snow is expected in the northwest third of Iowa throughout Tuesday and Tuesday evening. Amounts of 1 to 3 inches or more are likely in Estherville and Algona areas. Strong winds blowing from the northwest can also cause blizzards.

It is expected to be 1 inch or less further south and east around Carroll, Dodge, and Waterloo. Freezing drizzle or freezing rain will also occur from time to time, causing light icing on the snow. Travel will be affected, so be sure to allow extra travel time due to these conditions and check the latest forecast and road conditions before crossing through Northwest and North-central Iowa on Tuesday.

Michelle Tjaden

About us

The Collegian is an online newspaper written, edited, and published by students at Iowa Central Community College in Fort Dodge, Iowa.