Covid-19 vaccines coming to town — By 88.1’s News Director Saxon Wirtz

Untitled design

As of late last week, Webster County residents 65 and older have officially begun receiving Covid-19 vaccinations. Patients can contact UnityPoint Health to schedule appointments, and the hospital is using the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine, which requires two separate doses. 

Located at the Crossroads Mall, a clinic is offering Covid-19 vaccinations as of this coming up Saturday. Within 45 minutes, all 700 vaccination spots filled up, meaning there’s no more available appointments this weekend at the clinic. The clinic is using the Moderna vaccine, and more vaccines will be available in the future for those who weren’t able to get in this weekend. It is unclear when exactly. 

Also note that the Webster County Public Health is asking those who have been vaccinated, to not post their vaccination record card on social media. According to the Better Business Bureau, scammers have been posting and selling these cards with personal information on them onto the dark web. The Better Business Bureau and Webster County Health suggest posting the sticker you receive after the vaccination instead of the record card, if you feel the need to share.

About us

The Collegian is an online newspaper written, edited, and published by students at Iowa Central Community College in Fort Dodge, Iowa.