70126663_2513407885412728_2074823422805803008_o

Iowa Central’s first ever REAL MEN SING chorus festival is happening this Saturday, September 21!

Will Lopes explained, “This event is part of a nationwide movement to encourage boys and young men to continue to sing. The plan is to partner with local and surrounding schools, as well as other male vocal ensembles to create a one-day choral music festival for young men (grades fifth -12th and college) as well as college students to promote vocal music, motivate, encourage singing and to create a momentum (jump-start) as we start the 2019-20 school year.”

“For students who like to sing, this event will provide a safe, encouraging and fun environment where they will not only be sharing the common love – music, but they will be making new friends and learning new skills as well,” Lopes said. He continued, “Many students who are currently involved in a choral program but has been in the past or just love to sing, can come freely, with no strings attached and experience a fun day of singing while new making friends.”

This one day event will culminate with a free concert at the Decker Auditorium featuring 3 (three) different ensembles (5/6, 7/8 and 9/12 grades) plus our artist in residence – VOX INFINITUS

Registration is still open and spots are open for singers grades 5-6, 7-8, 9-12 and beyond!

For registration visit: http://www.iowacentral.edu/realmensing/ or just email Will Lopes at lopes@iowacentral.edu.

Karlee Ihde

About us

The Collegian is an online newspaper written, edited, and published by students at Iowa Central Community College in Fort Dodge, Iowa.