Photography Program Travels to Eastern Iowa

On Thursday, Feb. 27, 2020, Iowa Central’s photography program traveled to Vinton and Cedar Falls to visit Eleanor Kathryn Photography and American Color Imaging, respectively.

At Eleanor Kathryn Photography, students met photographers Kaely and Billy. Students enjoyed interacting and talking with the duo about their success in owning and operating their own photography business. Students were highly impressed and inspired by how they go about integrating with clients and their work.

“They [Kaely and Billy] did a really good job of explaining how you can be efficient while being really simple. They were definitely an inspiration. Their work has given me inspiration for future shoots and looking for my own studio space,” Connor Bach.

Check out Kaely and Billy’s work at https://www.eleanorkathrynphotography.com/.

Students enjoyed a break from travel to explore downtown Cedar Falls. Students enjoyed eating and finding beautiful backdrops to add more photos to their portfolios.

Trinity Lakose said, “I enjoyed getting to walk around Cedar Falls and being outside of the classroom and interacting with my classmates. Also, the cupcakes were a plus.”

While at American Color Imaging (ACI), students enjoyed a tour of the facility from the owner. They learned about the various products they offer and the process their prints and products take.

“It was very insightful to learn how things were done in person,” Hannah Taylor.

“My favorite thing is to see the confidence from my students to see them talk about the profession of photography with other professionals. Also being able to see freshman and sophomore students interact with one another,” Rochelle Green, Photography Program Coordinator and Instructor.

Karlee Ihde

About us

The Collegian is an online newspaper written, edited, and published by students at Iowa Central Community College in Fort Dodge, Iowa.