Iowa Central Students attend Fast Forward Event

On Friday, Oct. 25, 2019, a group of Iowa Central Students traveled to the University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls to attend the annual Fast Forward Event. This event is a digital media event held for students to listen to digital media professionals talk about different subjects and potentially ask questions and receive answers.  

Students were able to choose a panel they wished to attend during each of the three sessions. A few of the panel options were: ‘Why Journalism isn’t Dying’, ‘Hot Gear for Cool Shots’, ‘New Opportunities in Radio’, ‘News Directors – Tops and Tricks’, and ‘Repping Your Brand: Social Media and Corporate Video’. There were eleven panels in total.

After the sessions, students listened to a keynote address given by Ben Hagarty. Hagarty, a University of Northern Iowa alum, talked about his journey while working in digital media. He discussed how he moved to Los Angeles after graduation and worked hard to be where he is today–a videographer for music artists and bands. Ben Hagarty has worked for Chris Brown, Beyoncé,  and many others! Be sure to check out his production company, Black with No Cream!

Karlee Ihde

About us

The Collegian is an online newspaper written, edited, and published by students at Iowa Central Community College in Fort Dodge, Iowa.