Festival of Nations

Festival of Nations

Are you looking to expand your cultural knowledge? Are you interested in the foods or music of other cultures? If you answered yes to either one of these questions, then the Festival of Nations is just the thing you are looking for.

The Festival of Nations is a local event which highlights the various cultures present at Iowa Central to students, faculty, as well as the public. This year will be the 29th year that Iowa Central will be holding this event. Each year focuses on a different country’s and region’s culture. This year the focus will be on Italy and the region of Southern Europe.

The Festival will include crafts, food, displays, music, and much more of the highlighted cultures. This event was created through the hard work of Dr. Mary Sula Linney, and is continued through the efforts of dedicated individuals such as Iowa Central Instructors Michelle Ramthun and Patricia Croonquist, as well as many other helping hands.

The event will be held Sunday March 25th at Iowa Central Community College in the Career Education Building from 1p.m-4p.m, and admission is free of charge. So, if you wish to experience a world of culture like never before experienced, then join The Festival of Nation’s journey around the world.

Taylor Hill

About us

The Collegian is an online newspaper written, edited, and published by students at Iowa Central Community College in Fort Dodge, Iowa.