Bingo Party- By Magali Mouton

On Wednesday night, Sept. 18 the Iowa Central Community College organized a Bingo Night, where approximately 600 students were there to try to win prizes. It was the second bingo event since the beginning of the school year. 

What is a “bingo”? Bingo is a game of chance that is unbelievably famous, with its simple rules and a few strategies. Several numbers are drawn and announced one after the other. Players write down the numbers on a card provided for this purpose. The first player to get a pattern wins. 

The schematics are chosen by the announcer. The announcer has chosen 7 different schematics. 

The player has a grid where various numbers are noted. Each play represents one schematic, and sometimes between 2 or 3 players win, except for the 2 last prizes. This last Wednesday, students have been fulfilled because, approximately 12 prizes were to be won. 

For this second night, university staff members have increased the value of the prizes. The smallest prize was 6 t-shirts and the biggest prize was a pair of headphones. 

There was variation in prizes, including a TV, vacuum, and fridge, as well as discount coupons to buy something in the bookstore or have a subscription on Netflix. Food was also available to win. 

Bingo is not just a game for the elderly. Campus Students spent an evening surrounded by their friends trying to win prizes. 

According to the testimony of one student, “It’s cool to get together with friends after a long day of classes and training. Especially when there are gifts, the game gets more interesting.”

About us

The Collegian is an online newspaper written, edited, and published by students at Iowa Central Community College in Fort Dodge, Iowa.